Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Off the face of the earth...

My brother has been here since last Tuesday. We spent a few intense days walking around Paris (seriously, I think we must have walked the equivalent of here to Halifax) trying to fit everything in. We did a few cool things that I've never done before such as trying to sneak a peek of the presidental palace, L'Elysée, Visiting the big Louis Vuitton store and having a heart attack at the sight of each price tag, checking out La Madeleine (which looks more Greek than French) among other things. After gulping down a Royal and beer on the Champs Elysée (sacré bleu!), we grabbed a train back to the North. Bro thought it would be fun to set up the GPS and check out just how fast the TGV was flying along. I've never had travel sickness before but something about seeing 300 km/h made me want to toss my cookies. But I digress.

After a day of touring around town, we jumped on a TLV (train à lente vitesse = the slowest freakin' train on earth) for Normandie. It was nice to show him around my old stomping ground and we were even fortunate enough to have an entire 20 minutes of sunshine. We induldged in some stinky cheese and shady home-made eau de vie in an unmarked bottle. This really assisted with all of the linguistically induced communication issues.

Today we're hitting up Brussels, home of sprouts and chocolate.

Don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate...mmmm...chocolate.

No comments: