Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy (belated) Easter everyone! I hope you had a nice holiday. I celebrated by making my first ever roast beef. Not to sound too carnivorous or anything, but I've been craving one for awhile, and I'm generally not a big beef eater. Everytime I've thought about buying one however, only the extended-family sized version has been for sale. Sure enough, when I go to my local grocery store to pick one up for the company this weekend the perfect two-person sized roast was sitting right there. Isn't that always the way?

I'm currently sitting in this annoying in-between time. My current obligations at work in France are finished. I'm going to be starting a new job in Canada next week. I've got tons of mixed feelings about leaving France (even though I'll be back for July and August) and heading back to Canada. It's strange to once again pack up all my belongings in a suitcase. This trip calls for the big old and trusty. When I whipped it out from storage (ok, dragged it out with all the strength in my body) I noticed the last baggage tag on it was from when we moved here. Nautrally I've got all these thoughts going through my head and can't focus on anything. It's a mixture between thrilled and terrified in a non-overdramatic sort of way, because essentially I know everything is going to be OK.

Thankfully I'm going on vacation on Thursday! :)

1 comment:

Susan in Lille said...

I can't believe you will be in North America in just a week!!! Make sure to email me your cell number or a phone where I can reach you. We get our new digs on May 1st and our phone will have unlimited calls to Canada!!
Miss you...Duncan says his misses you too. I think he meowed for you once or twice.