Last weekend some folk from down home came to visit as well. We also had a (slighty pyschotic jk :)) furry friend hanging out with us. After a fun house party on Friday night, in Canadian style, we went to Vimy Ridge (where prior to the French-bashing tour, the guide neglected to check if there were any bonefide French people amongst us...but I digress.). It was a nice visit although unfortunately it was really foggy. The view from the monument as well as the view of the momument as you approach is quite impressive. Incidently, I was reading the newspaper but two days ago, and came across an interesting little tidbit. Two people just stood trial for for having taken nude pictures at the memorial in the middle of the afternoon. Strange enough. Stranger yet, it's the third incident of this nature. You can read more about it here.
Following our visit there we zipped up to Belgium to visit Bruges, a tourist favourite in this neck of the woods. I guess I've only been there during the week because I most definitely did not expect a gazillion of my closest friends to be there. As we were manoeuvring down the twisting streets in the car people kept jumping onto the road out of nowhere. Crowds doesn't aptly describe the quantity of people who were there, I'd be more inclined to speak of the hoards of people. We still managed to get in some chocolate, waffles and beers as well as a really nice walk.
Sunday, my furry friend's parents stopped by quickly (with loads of pastries...mmm...macarons....) to scoop him up for their trip to the USA. I'd done my best to prepare him for the trip during his stay here with some mental imaging exercises as well as practice with full body relaxation technics. I was very sad to bid S+C goodbye. As previously mentioned, I can't wait to see Texas!
Monday, I found myself alone in my apartment. Very strange. No animals, no friends....
No comments:
Post a Comment