I did make it to Barcelona and back (barely). It was a fantastic city! Unfortunately though, we had a bad experience trying to leave it which kind of soured some of the experience. However, forgetting about that, it all started when I got on the plane at Paris next to an equally terrified guy from..Montreal! We bonded over Canada and our fear of flying. The poor guy had been in transit for eleventy million hours and was quite tired. Upon my arrival in Barcelona, I had to wait for my friend who was coming from London. I sat myself down at the little airport café and looked for something to eat. Nothing less than a potato-omlette baguette sandwich. Points for creativity there. Once she arrived (with an apparently less-than-par warm welcome....of course I was distracted by something JUST when she walked out the door) we hopped on a train into the city. We stayed at a nice (enough) place where no one spoke anything but Spanish, making it nice and authentic (and fun to argue about being over charged - thank you Mr. Phrasebook)The city was sunny with big blue skies, lots of palm trees, and a beautiful beach. I really didn't know what to expect but I was nothing but impressed. All of the Gaudi architecture was really beautiful. It was a perfect weekend away - a mixture of sight-seeing and relaxing with a good friend.

Potato omlette baguette sandwich
Potato omlette baguette sandwich

1 comment:
I am sooooo freaking jealous!
(of the trip to Barcelona, not the omelette bagette!)
Post a Comment